The Offer Value is not the Product or Service Value: the Customer experience
Many Enterprises do not Produce: they are content to Distribute. They have understood that what is important is not controlling the Product, but controlling the Customer: we look to be present upstream in the Value chain, as close to the customer as possible.Remember that the Offer Value is not only found in the Product Value, but also in:
- The Distribution Value
- Good Operational marketing, whether it is advertising, a mailing campaign, or a personalized offer, is an asset to successful selling
- The quality of the welcome, whether it is in a shop, on the phone or on the Internet is also an asset
- Product availability
- Transaction speed
- Delivery and installation efficiency
- And, of course, the cost and financing facilities
The "Customer Experience" refers to the set of emotions and feelings felt by a customer before, during and after buying a Product (see the Definition of the Customer experience).
This one term groups together the different themes that enable us to attract and retain the Customer because we consider today that these themes should answer a concerted strategy to:
- Identify the Customer whatever the contact point
- Understand the Customer expectations
- Understand how they view the Brand and the Products of an Enterprise
- Analyze which contact points are favored by which Customers: which channels, which means of access
- Imagine how to keep the Clientele
- Evaluate the cost of acquiring a Customer
- Be informed of each Customer's consumption to know how
- The Distribution Value
- One interesting example is that of Shazam who created a Solution on mobiles to identify a piece of music from listening to it. When the tune has been identified, the user can buy it by simply clicking on a button. Today, 12% of music sales is through Shazam!
- Booking.com today has almost a 40% share of the hotel market and recovers an average margin of 20% to 30% on the sales made. It is a real threat to the profitability of the hotel industry which ensures the Production.
- Supermarkets have not innovated in Products, but in a new Distribution Model, which have allowed them to reach a size and negotiation power so as to reduce their Product purchase costs. Today, they evolve by proposing own-label Products.
- Buying Products on the Internet is a new form of
distribution that reduces the classic forms of
distribution by the same amount
- Goods: practically all goods can be bought over the Internet
- Information: music, cinema, news...
- Services: carpooling,...
"Social Local Mobile" is a new form of distribution that targets Mobile users using social networks and geolocation.Les Echos: Solomo (article in French)
The idea is to enter into a personalized relationship with customers to give them targeted information when they pass close by a sales outlet: it is a very relevant geolocated Offer.
The story of George the Baker is made available under the terms of the
Creative Commons Attribution - NoDerivatives 4.0 International license.