The story of the Baker was written by the co-founders of CEISAR and Tonu, illustrator
This publication has been enhanced through the participation of an open community of experienced professionals in the Transformation of complex organizations and enterprise start-ups. Anybody willing to formalize his/her experience in this area can contribute. To date, the contributors are (in alphabetical order):
Ingénieur Ecole Centrale Paris 1970
MS Computer Science Stanford University 1972
A unique professional activity for 40 years: how to build
well-structured information systems adapted to the enterprise
strategy, with 4 roles:
- As a Consultant, (1972-1978).
- As Information Systems Director in large financial
- IS Architecture director - BNP (1979-1982)
- CIO at Crédit du Nord: the design, development and implementation of a full banking system on an innovative architecture, which enabled important gains in productivity and reduced 'time to market'.
- CIO at AXA Group: definition and implementation of the
Group IS policy (1988 - 1992)
- As an Entrepreneur
- Lyon-Consultants (1992-2000): consulting company helping large enterprises simplify their information system. Awarded first prize by Syntec for French IT start-ups in 1997. Reached 200 consultants in 6 years and was then acquired by CGI to become CGI-France.
- Wyde (2001-2013): software vendor providing development tools and an insurance software package (http://www.mphasis.wyde.com/) built from the most modern methods and tools. 200 consultants. 50% of activity in North America. Acquired by HP-MPhasis in August 2011.
- As a Teacher:
- founded CEISAR (in 2007), Center of Excellence for Enterprise Architecture at l'Ecole Centrale Paris (www.ceisar.org) to formalize the best practices in Enterprise Architecture and then use them to train both students and enterprises.
- initiated the setting up of the Institut de la Transformation Numérique des Entreprises (ITNE: Enterprise Digital Transformation Institute) under the direction of the CIGREF and the CNAM.
Ecole Centrale Paris 1992
Executive MBA: ESSEC & Mannheim Business School 2008
Fifteen years of experience in the field implementing and
managing IS for large French and international groups:
- Information Systems Director at AstraZeneca France (2000-2007)
- He learnt how to manage the complexity of the enterprise and
its information systems as well as how to:
- Align the enterprise IS/IT with the business
- Deliver a return on investment on the IS/IT assets
- Define a target enterprise architecture
- Manage major transformation projects (ERP, Sales Force Automation & CRM, Business Intelligence)
- Optimize the day-to-day IT operations (application management, outsourcing infrastructure management) using best practices like COBIT & ITIL
- Manage and develop a team
- Deputy Director of CEISAR, chair of Enterprise Architecture at Ecole Centrale Paris, contributed to the development of case studies in large enterprises (Air France, AXA, BNPParibas, Michelin, TOTAL…) and training courses on these themes
- developed IS training programs for degree courses and executive education at Centrale Paris (Master of IS Architecture, Executive Certificate "Architecture and Cloud Computing", Business & Enterprise Architecture Program with EuroCIO), teaches enterprise architecture, the design and management of enterprise IS at Centrale Paris
- Freelance consultant in strategy and information systems
Graduated in history of art and archeology from Louvain
Catholic University in 2008
Cartoonist with the agency CartoonBase since 2008.
A job focused around custom-made cartoons, mainly in the
enterprise world, with a single goal: to communicate ideas.
Increasingly used, communication through drawing can prove
formidably effective. Based in Brussels, Tonu already has many
customers from large French and international groups
(BNP-Paribas, GDF-Suez, Generali, Crédit Agricole, Air
France-KLM, Club Med, UNIFE, Johnson & Johnson, Linklaters,
Baker & McKenzie, ...).
He works on both commissions and producing live cartoons during different events (seminars, conferences, debates...). Some examples of his work produced live (USI 2012). You can follow him on his Facebook page.
Graduate from ESCP and doctorate in Organization Sociology from Science Po. Paris
Marc Blangy joined the AXA Group in 1998 where he has managed many IT & Business Transformation projects in the various fields of the insurance business. For the last three years, he has been more specifically involved in the Digital Transformation of the AXA France IT Organization. Marc Blangy is now in charge of the IT division for AXA GIE. He has followed on the CEISAR work since 2008 and has been directly involved in several white papers as a contributor or proof-reader.
Ecole Normale Supérieure, 1969-1973
Agrégé in Mathematics, and PhD in Science
- Teacher and researcher at Université de Nice, 1973-1985
- Since 1985, career in IT Services in two groups
(which have both been directed by former Finance ministers, a pure coincidence) :
- GSI Group, 1985-1997, manager in various subsidiaries including Tecsi, a hightech gem
- Atos Group, 1998-2013, manager in various subsidiaries. Latest job : Senior VP in charge of global Cloud Services
- Since october 2013, founder and CEO of BASEP Consulting, a consultancy dedicated to the Digital Transformation of businesses.
Supélec Ingénieur ESE (Electrotechnics, Automation) 1969
IAE DESS in Enterprise Management (Finance Specialization)
- HEC, Centrale, Corps d'état des Mines, Les Mines de Paris,
Corps d'état des Ponts and Supélec:
Teacher of degree courses and executive education.
- Harvard Negotiation: Correspondent under contract.
- APM: Expert for negotiation.
- Gérard Thomas Conseil: Managing director, advisor, trainer
in Quality, Negotiation and Management.
- 1988 to 1992: Furuno France - Marine Electronics (Japan), Training and Sales Director (turnover 100M French Francs).
- 1985 to 1988: French company PHILIPS - Head of Management
Training (5,000 managers).
- 1976 to 1984: PHILIPS T.V. Video and Computer Science -
Sales representative then Sales Director for the Paris region
and national Sales Director.
- 1973 to 1975: Equipements et Technique - technical sales representative.
- 1970 to 1972: ENGINS MATRA - Engineer, satellite group